To understand how to operate a bot, the following are all the statuses and states in which the bot may be:
- Status “Off”, state “Normal”. The bot is off. This is the status of the bot immediately after creation or when it is turned off.
- Status “Off”, state “Awaiting launch”. The bot is turned off, it will be started in the near future (in a maximum of 5 minutes, this is connected to the distribution of bots on the servers). This is the state and status of the bot if a disabled bot has been selected to start.
- Status “Started”, state “Normal”. The bot is on. This state means that a bot has been launched, has passed every test and has successfully started working. You can see the orders on display and the statistics.
- Status “Started”, state “Awaiting shutdown”. The bot is turned on. After the active cycle has been completed, the bot will stop. This is the state of a running bot for whom the stop button has been clicked. The bot is waiting for the end of the cycle before stopping.
- Status “Started”, state “Pause”. The bot is on pause. This condition has a working bot that has been paused. On pause, the bot stops tracking what is happening on the exchange, in other words, it stops placing new orders and withdrawing active ones until the status is restored to the Started state.
- Status “Started”, state “Simulation”. The bot goes into simulation mode (backtest). This state means that a bot has been launched, has passed all tests and has successfully started working. You can see the orders on display and the statistics. You need to set the simulated period to cover the past 60 days in order to view the operating cycles of a bot in simulation mode; because, in simulation mode, the bot shows how it would have traded in the past.
- Status “Started”, state “Internal operation”. The bot is on. This means that an internal operation is being performed, such as re-ordering a take-profit order. If the bot is in this state for a long time, you can stop its current work by clicking the Restart control button. The bot will stop and start again.
The bot is managed from the Statistics tab, where you want to click its name in the list of every bot that has been created. The bot management menu will open, where the following information is displayed:
- Bot name;
- Current status and state;
- Current rates from the exchange for the trading pair with the possibility of updating;
- Bot control buttons.
BOT CONTROL BUTTONS:
- Start. Launching the bot. When you click start, the bot will go to the "Waiting for launch" state and will be launched in the near future (in a maximum of 5 minutes, this is due to the distribution of bots across servers). The "Start" button can also be used to remove the bot from Pause.
- Restart. To reset the state of the bot. When you click restart, the bot’s state will be reset. It is used to restart bots in emergency situations. Use restart when the bot is in the Internal Operation state for a long time. When you click restart, the bot will turn off after a while and will be in the "Waiting for launch" state.
- Stop. Stopping a running bot. To stop the bot normally, you need to click on the "Stop" button, the bot will then go into the "Waiting for shutdown" state and will wait for the end of the current work cycle, after which it will stop. Note that stopping the bot may take some time, since there may be executed orders in the active cycle of the bot and, to complete the current cycle, you need to wait for the execution of the profit-fixing order (take-profit order). You can also use the "Stop" button to reset the "Waiting to start" state if you change your mind about starting a bot that is turned off and is in the “Waiting to start” state.
- Pause. The suspension of the algorithm of the bot. The bot will stop tracking what is happening on the exchange; in other words, it will stop placing new orders and removing active ones until the status is restored to the Started state.
- Edit. When you click this, you will be taken to the bot settings menu.
- Cancel the active orders - By clicking this, the bot will cancel all its active orders.
- Rearrange the take-profit order. This gives the possibility to rearrange the end of the order (take-profit order) at the new price. A click opens a menu that specifies:
- The current order price;
- The current price of the coin on the exchange with the possibility of updating;
- The price at which the cycle will end without profit or loss;
- The calculator for calculating the price with an indication of the desired profit as a percentage.
- Mark the last cycle as cancelled. It is used in emergency situations, such as when you made some actions on the exchange manually or there was a bot error.
This function will allow you to mark the last cycle as cancelled without calculating a profit or changing the deposit.
Use this function so that the bot will forget its active cycle and will not attempt to calculate and complete it at start, but instead will start a new cycle.